Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sew What? Going on this week

This week I'll be working on a pattern by Butterick B5471 I am going to be making the Dress and Jacket . The dress will be made with the black/gray pattern fabric and the jacket with the dark gray fabric  I am making this for a wedding I have to attend next month, being the middle of August I think it will be pretty cool and comfy at the same time, along with a jacket for when it gets chilly at night . I am also going to enter these garments into a contest I am going for Pattern Stash 2012. This has been sitting around for some time now, and I thought what a better time then now, Right?  Since this contest is challenging you to use a pattern in your stash you have for awhile what better time to get it used then now with the wedding just around the corner.

Mind you this contest started one July 1st and well I am just getting started on it, talk about rushing it eh. But, I have till  the 31st so , I am sure it can be done. So check back in a week or two and see how they turned out. Thanks for stopping bye ! :) see you in  a week or so.

7/20/2012 =Thought I would give a little update: I should of been done by now with at least the dress, but life how it does sometimes likes to take over our sewing times and this week the case of the yucky s got a hold of me. I've not felt good the last few days , so I've not been putting the sewing peddle to the metal so to speak, so i am hoping to get back on the cutting board this weekend and get this dress and jacket done. Time is getting away from me for this contest so, I need to bite the bullet and get to sewing. So, I am hoping that this weekend I can play catch up and get allot done. and see what I can make out of this fabric. :) thanks for stopping by see you soon.


Well after a busy few weeks I got the dress done, and just in time the contest ends in 4 days. Talk about cutting it close, I didn't have time to do the jacket so maybe another time I will make it, but for now the dress is finished and turned out pretty good . Here is the finished garment
 the front view  and back view
 I think it turned out pretty good was very easy to make once I got help with one step lol I was stuck on , other then that it turned out pretty good. Its very comfortable as well, and lite for those hot summer days.
Thanks for stopping by, come back soon and see more of Sew Wut? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment